About the Role
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Any person wishing to be considered for the role should hold one of the following qualifications or be aspiring towards attaining them. Training can be provided as part of the conditional job offer.
• Open Water Lifeguard Qualification
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification – with open water experience
• Higher education level 3 qualification or higher in First aid or Leisure
As Part of your Job role you will be representing the company and all of its qualities. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate all of the skills below
1. Opening and/ or Closing of the site
2. Manual handling – Equipment, boats and people.
3. Leading by example
4. Approachable and professional
5. Customer service experience – able to deal with members of the public calmly and politely
6. Computer literate – experience with Microsoft applications, Apple technologies, Remote payment systems and membership management systems.
7. Lifeguarding experience or qualification – training can be provided to the right candidate.
8. Patient and understanding of others and their needs
9. Good with languages – Desirable
10. Good teamwork and communication
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to speak conversational and written English to an acceptable standard.
Persons must be over 21 years old, hold a driving license for at least 1 year and have an enhanced DBS Check within the last year or be willing to attain one.
The right candidate will be able to lead the staff team outside of the Lake Operations Manager (LOM) working hours and when the LOM is away on holiday. You will also be in charge on weekends working on a 3 day working week, though this may be expanded as the summer comes along.
You will be a friendly and approachable person able to confidently speak to members of the public and staff team alike.
Problem solving skills, when issues occur you must be able to calmly and promptly deal with them in line with the PTP Coaching Operating Manual.
Have a good knowledge of the activities we offer and our company history.
Customer focused you will respond courteously to customer questions,
You will have good administrative skills, being able to assist the Lake Operations Manager in the sites daily/weekly paperwork.
You will have excellent leadership skills, supporting our staff and volunteers in fulfilling their roles to the standard expected of them.
Having excellent timekeeping and organizational skills are essential to this role making sure the lifeguards are appropriately rotated throughout the day.
The Centre operates 3 days a week from 6am to 12pm, our staff must be able to have a flexible work pattern working a variety of shifts. We are looking for people that can be flexible to take on one or more shifts on a regular basis.
Good time keeping skills
Good communication and teamwork skills
Flexible to change
Previous experience in the industry
Remote payment system
19 June 2023
3 July 2023